What to do when my shower leaks?
A leaking shower can be irritating, as well as expensive. Other than annoying drip, drip, a leaky shower can waste; can waste many water gallons every week. And more badly, if leaking is in hot water, it can lead to wastage of significant amount of energy because the water heater does not stop warming the water which is being drawn unnecessarily. In case the shower is leaking, is a sign that there is a part which is worn out and needs to be replaced. Shower leaking may be for various reasons:
- Loose nuts, if the shower is leaking near packing area, or maybe at the handle base, that may be as results of loosened nuts.
- Shower washers may have been worn out. If washers are too old, this may lead to shower leaking.
- Poor quality washers may also be the cause of shower leaking.
- Inappropriate installed washers.
- If the washers in place are of wrong size.
- If the disc, ball faucets and cartridge their O-rings have worn out may be the leaking reason.
- When disc faucets inlets and outlets seals wears may lead to shower leaking.
- Disc faucets may leak when sediments build up within the faucet inlet.
- When the O-ring cushioning cartridge breaks cartridge faucets may start leaking.
- Inlet seals may wear out and start leaking when O-ring breaks or wear out.
The lists of the reasons which may lead to shower leaking are endless. But the above-listed causes of a leaking shower can be managed and the various parts which have worn out replaced or repair of the braked parts of the shower.
Don’t ignore the signs of a leaking shower
Most people don’t bother paying attention to the shower faucet handle when has been installed first. As its used minerals deposit found in water especially if you are using hard water can build up and cause the faucet to get stuck. When it becomes hard to use, people will either start twisting, pulling or pushing harder so that to make it work. This force may lead to internal leaks, damage floor as well as walls, or lead to breaking the handle thus making it useless.
Repair the Shower
If the areas which have been broken can be repaired, find a qualified and experienced technician to fix them. This will reduce the expense which you may incur purchasing the brand new.
Fixing loose nuts and other parts. Make sure all loose nuts and other parts of the shower are tightly fixed, that the shower stops leaking.
As you use the shower, make sure you follow the manual guide correctly so as to give your shower a long life long span. Make sure you regularly service the shower and fix all loosening nuts to avoid shower leakage.